The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) a unit of the Department of Homeland Security released a bullitin on January 6th 2020 warning of potential cyber response from Iran.
The threat of potential cybersecurity attacks from Iran is minimal for William Max & Co. clients. However, the bullitin does share recommended actions which we classify as "best practices".
- Disable all unnecessary ports and protocols.
- Enhance monitoring of network and email traffic.
- Patch externally facing equipment.
- Log and limit usage of PowerShell.
- Ensure backups are up to date.